Over the years, LED lights have slowly started to take over their incandescent counterparts. From reading lamps or pendant lighting in the kitchen to overhead lighting in the barn, making the switch to LED lights has made a positive impact on many. If you are looking to make the switch to LED light or you’re interested in creating a custom-design lighting project, the experts at Current Group are here to help. Since 2009, Current Group has provided the Linden area with professional electrical installation services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!

If you’re in the dark about switching to LED lights, continue reading below for five reasons switching to LEDs could change your life.

Cost Effective

Do you look at your electric bill each month and wonder why the bill keeps going up? While the price of purchasing LED lights may seem costly at first, in the long run, LED lights will save you money! It’s true, LEDs are more expensive than incandescents, however, LED bulbs last longer than other light bulbs. The average lifespan of an LED bulb is 50,000 hours. If you use your lights for 10 hours a day, you’ll be able to use the same LED light for more than 13 years! Imagine how many incandescent bulbs you will go through in that same amount of time.

Energy Efficient

One of the main selling point for LED light bulbs is that they are more energy efficient. You may be surprised to learn that your favorite incandescent light bulb only uses about 10 percent energy to create light, while the other 90 percent is wasted.

On the other hand, LED lighting uses between 80 and 90 percent energy. By using LED lights, you will have peace of mind knowing that your energy is being used in an efficient manner.

Produce Light

Have you ever turned off a light and then gone to replace the bulb and been burned in the process? In this example, you were burned because traditional light bulbs will produce heat while they are in use. Not only does this waste energy, but it is also dangerous, especially if you live in a home with small children.

Variety of Colors

Traditional light bulbs usually only come in one, yellow color, which is something you may not want for certain areas of your home. On the other hand, LED lights come in a variety of different colors ranging from natural white to cool blue. You have the option of choosing a bright, ambient light for you kitchen and a light that mimics daylight for your bedroom.

Durable

Incandescent light bulbs are traditionally made with glass, which poses a problem if you accidentally drop it on the floor. LED lights have created a solution for that problem! Instead of using glass, LEDs are made with a tough plastic, and since LEDs don’t produce a lot of heat when they’re being used, you won’t have to worry about the plastic melting!

Current Group

These are just a few reasons why you should make the switch to LED lighting. Whether you’re lighting your home, business, or your farm, the expert electrical contractors at Current Group have you covered. Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment!